Their Nibs founder Fiona Bell shares her five top tips for creating a retro look
1) Match a little girl’s vintage party dress with a bolero-style ballet wrap and ballet pumps for that added party glamour.
2) The same dress could be styled with a long sleeve T-shirt underneath worn with a battered pair of canvas Superga-style lace-ups.
3) Customise plainer retro dresses with beautiful old lace trims around the neckline and sleeves.
4) Vintage buttons can revive old jackets and shirts to give a real vintage feel.
5) Old badges – woven or enamel look great on knitwear or jackets.
Discuss this story