Instagram influencer Rebecca Wilson is the lady behind @What Mummy Makes is a cookbook that aims to help wean your baby and feed your family at the same time by cooking just one meal in under 30 minutes! This bestselling debut book (and Junior Design Award winning, to boot) features 130 recipes have all been checked by a nutritionist.
This ‘kitchen bible’ has been followed up by the What Mummy Makes: Family Meal Planner featuring 28 new and exclusive recipes and helping to take the stress out of cooking – by taking a little time to quickly plan your family’s meals for the week ahead.
The planner helps you shop, organise and create home-cooked breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and puddings with ease. It includes space to plan weekly shopping lists, make notes, and record your family’s favourite recipes meaning you can feel relaxed and confident in the kitchen when the time comes to cook.
We have a recipe from the new What Mummy Makes: Family Meal Planner that promises to make that family Sunday roast a whole lot easier.
What Mummy Makes: 30-Minute Sunday roast for all the Family
” The week often doesn’t feel complete without a Sunday roast to feast on till you pop. But when you have little ones running around, it’s hard to find the time to spend hours in the kitchen prepping all the components. Here’s roast chicken with roasties, veg, gravy AND yorkshires that you can get ready in just 30 minutes!”
(from What Mummy Makes: Family Meal Planner)
- chicken thighs 1kg (2 ¼ lb)
- garlic-infused olive oil 1 tsp
- large lemon ½
- large white onion 1, cut into wedges (skin on)
- mixed dried herbs 1 tsp
- garlic granules 1 tsp
- low-salt chicken stock (from a cube) 400ml (14 oz), hot
- freshly ground black pepper
- new potatoes about 1kg (2 ¼ lb)
- garlic-infused olive oil 1 tbsp
- a little sun flower oil
- medium cold eggs 3
- full-fat (whole) milk 150ml (5 oz)
- plain (all-purpose) flour 150g (5½oz)
- corn flour (cornstarch) 1 tsp
- low-salt soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp
- your favourite veg, such as peas, broccoli or carrots 250g (9oz)