What: You don’t just bring baby to these classes – dads are welcome to join in and tone up too. Suitable for all abilities, the sessions include movement for little yogis from 40 days old up to a year, making for a lovely shared experience. The poses for parents promote balance, strength and tone those stressed areas like your core and pelvic floor.
- Where: available at both the Camden and Chelsea studios
- How much? Classes from £9 for 2 taster sessions
- Read More >> triyoga
2. Move Your Frame
What: This hip Shoreditch gym has mums at its heart – founders Pip and Joan. Their own experiences of exercise pre and postnatal has inspired them to create MumHood, a series of programmes certified by doctors and physios no less. Choose from buggy fit, HIIT and yoga among others, or you can opt for Bring Your Baby PT sessions. There’s also an online two-stage postnatal recovery programme, each part eight weeks in length, which moves from pilates to more active workouts, and a Fit Mum option for when you can’t make it to a class. Look out for their MumHood events too, covering everything from nutrition to baby sleep.
- Where: Classes also available at their Queens Park, Kings Cross and Victoria gyms
- How much? from £6 a month
- Read More >> moveyourframe
3. RePilates with Gina Leung
What: Get your core and pelvic floor back to their best (as much as you can!) with Gina’s warm and supportive tutelage. An expert in pre and postnatal pilates, the former dancer offers classes where mums form lasting friendships, as well as strengthening their bodies for the physical demands of breastfeeding and carrying around a growing baby. Her antenatal classes are highly recommended too.
- Where : across Lewisham and Greenwich
- How much? from £55 per hour session
- Read More >> re-pilates
4. Xtend Barre
What: The special Babies On Board class is for new mums, combining dance, ballet and pilates. It’s designed to give you a dynamic workout and your baby a giggle too. Part of the routine can be done wearing your child in a carrier (unless they are sleeping at the back, of course!) while they are free to roam during mat work.
- Where: classes take place at this Marylebone studio twice weekly
- How much? POA
- Read More >> xtendbarrelondon
5. Latino Bambino
What: Want a workout that doesn’t feel like work? These salsa sessions are designed to get your body moving and your mood rising, with easy to follow steps. Babies from six weeks old can join you in a sling or carrier, or you can hold them for an arm workout. As a bonus, many fall asleep thanks to the swaying.
- Where: available across London
- How Much? POA
- Read More >> latinobambino
6. Fit Birds
What: Get a hit of fresh air and endorphins with these outdoor bootcamps. Effervescent trainer Shani Yeend mixes things up each time with a combination of yoga, pilates, circuits and HIIT, and pushes postnatal mums in a positive way. There’s music to lift your mood and she’s a dab hand at entertaining bored babies too.
- Where: Mayow Park in Sydenham and Crystal Palace Park
- How much? from £149 for 30 unlimited class passes
- Read More >> fitbirdsinlondon
7. Slice Urban Studios
What: This south-west London gym has a huge and every changing selection of classes – and mums and babes aren’t left out. Choose between the fat-burning and body toning outdoor bootcamp, a strengthening pilates session, or a yoga class incorporating songs, baby massages and positions for both of you. The onsite crèche can be used for the bootcamp and pilates classes if you’d rather, while the Maternally Fit programme for both pregnant and new mums is adult-only and taught by physiotherapists.
- Where: Parsons Green
- How Much? from £40 for unlimited classes over 21 days
- Read More >> slicestudios
8. &Breathe Postnatal
What: The team behind these luxury award-winning family retreats run a range of half and full day fitness and wellbeing events around London for new mums and their little ones (and sometimes dads too!) as well as personal training fitness plans that offer a 1-21 consultations, comprehensive programs and nutrition advice, all tailored to your fitness needs and abilities.
- Where: at home/ various hotels across UK
- How much? £105 for your first personalised plan / £65 for a plan review and update
- Read More >> andbreathepostnatal
9. Jo Martin Fitness
What: Mum-of-two Jo had her daughters 20 months apart, so understands the struggle to get yourself back in shape after pregnancy. The south London-based personal trainer and teacher offers two Buggyfit classes a week and three gym-based bootcamps, which include cardio, core work and stretches. There’s time to discuss nutrition and fitness concerns too.
- Where: Ealing
- How Much? from £45 per session
- Read More >> jomartinfitness
10. Bootcamp Pilates
What: This studio chain focuses on Dynamic Reformer Pilates with a special Mum and Baby session to gently return you to exercise and strengthen your body after birth. After 55 minutes of stretching and toning, you are encouraged to stick around for a chat and listen to regular guest speakers.
- Where: available at the Fulham and Windsor branches
- How much? from £28 per class
- Read More >> bootcamppilates