Yoghurt pannacotta with mango: a healthy family dessert recipe
- Serves 8
- 340ml milk
- 2tbsp maple syrup optional – omit for baby’s serve
- 3tsp powdered gelatine
- 600g greek-style or plain yoghurt
- 1tsp natural vanilla extract
- fresh mango peeled, stone removed and flesh sliced, to serve
For mango purée
- 1-2 mangoes peeled and stone removed
- 1tbsp maple syrup optional – omit for baby’s serve
- STEP 1
To make the mango purée, place the mango and maple syrup in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- STEP 2
To make the panna cotta, place the milk and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Heat gently for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot but not quite simmering, do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in the gelatine. Whisk until the gelatine dissolves, then set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- STEP 3
Place the yoghurt and vanilla in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Slowly strain the milk mixture into the yoghurt mixture and stir well. Pour the mixture into eight 125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) moulds and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until set.
- STEP 4
To serve, run a small knife or spatula around the side of each mould and turn out the panna cotta onto serving plates. Serve with fresh mango and a drizzle of mango purée.