1 Time it right
Stay in the shade between 11am and 3pm when the sun’s rays are at their most powerful.
2 Remember Slip-Slop-Slap
Follow the famous Aussie rules and just Slip on a shirt, Slop on suncream and Slap on a wide-brimmed hat.
3 Aim high
Opt for a suncream that has a high sun-protection factor (SPF) at least 50+. And remember, apply suncream even when it is cloudy.
4 Dress for comfort
Natural fibres, such as cotton, help skin to breathe and help prevent dry skin and heat rash. Look for UV-protected swimwear and don’t forget sunglasses are also vital to protect young eyes.
5 Shower after swimming
Chlorine can irritate the skin, so she should hit the shower after a swim.
Junior’s Favourite Sunscreens for Babies and Children – all easy to apply and guaranteed to smell of Summer
- Boots Soltan Protect & Moisturise, Factor 50+ £5.50, Boots
- Lancaster Sun for Kids, Factor 50, £21, Debenhams
- Organic Children Sun Lotion, Factor 30, £19, Green People
- La Roche-Posay Lotion for kids, Factor 50 +, £22, Look Fantastic
- Sunsense Kids Sun Cream SPF 50+, 125ml, £16, John Lewis
- Babyganics Mineral Based Sunscreen, Factor 50, £8.30, iherb
- Childs Farm, Roll on Sunscreen, Factor 50, £9.99, Boots
- NIVEA SUN Kids Suncream Lotion Extra Water Resistant SPF 50+, £9, Boots
- Evy Sunscreen Mousse, Factor 50, £26, Space NK
- Clarins Sun Care Milk For Children, Factor 50+, £26, Amazon