Coronation Picnic Dessert Jars fit for a King
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 jars
- 25g shortcake biscuits
- 15g shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp melted butter
- 4 large strawberries, ripe
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 4tbsp Bonne Maman Strawberry Conserve, or alternative
- 1tbsp Elderflower Cordial
- 100g soft cream cheese
- 125g ready-made vanilla custard
- 75g crème fraîche
- Extra fruits, chopped pistachios and mini glitter crown shortbreads, to decorate
- STEP 1
Put the shortbread biscuit in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs with a rolling pin. Mix with the pistachio nuts and melted butter and divide between two Bonne Maman conserve jars.
- STEP 2
Thinly slice 2 strawberries and use to line the inside of the jars. Roughly chop the remaining strawberries and spoon into the centre. Top with the raspberries and blueberries.
- STEP 3
Stir together the conserve, the elderflower cordial and 1 tbsp water. Spoon over the fruit
- STEP 4
Finally, beat the soft cheese, custard and crème fraîche together until smooth and spoon on top of the fruits.
- STEP 5
Finish with some extra fruits, a sprinkling of nuts and a mini shortbread Crown biscuit.