It’s time to pack away those linens and cottons and replace them with plaids, knits, cosy coats and dazzling flashes of metallic. We can’t wait for the new season to really kick in! Here are JUNIOR’s favourite children’s trends of the season.
Oh yes! It is time for cuddles! Teddy bear fever has hit childrenswear designers the world over, who are covering everything from skirts to hats in fuzzy, wuzzy textures. Il Gufo, Bobo Choses, New Society and Stella McCartney have all joined the furry crew.
- Pom Pom Scarf, £18, Wander & Wonder 2. Teddy bear Bonnet, £44, Il Gufo 3. Purple Shrew Kids+ Faux Fur Jacket, €230, The Animals Observatory 4. Poudre Organic Cardigan, £73, Smallable 5. Il Gufo Teddy Skirt, £82, ChildrenSalon 6. Textured Jacket, £118, Scotch & Soda 7. Faux Fur Baby Snowsuit Ecru, £102, Bobo Choses
BUY HERE >> Teddy Bear Jacket, £24.99, Zara
Tiny, delicate florals are spreading their tendrils everywhere this season. Think miniature vintage chintz, liberty prints and muted tones and you’ll get the picture. These are the kind of fabrics you might find in your great grandmother’s trunk, saved for the very best and softest patchwork quilt. We love Bonpoint’s sumptuous liberty print dungarees, Caramel’s beautiful dark florals and New Society’s stunning selection of soft cotton dresses featuring prints The Bloomsbury Set would throw their books and brushes down for.
- Dark Brown Flower Print Button Up Baby Body, £73, Tocoto Vintage 2. Peanut Liberty Velvet Overalls Black, £184, Bonpoint 3. Green Dress, £45, (available October) Little Cotton Clothes 4. The New Society Luisa Dress, £115, Smallable 5. Louise Misha Nordish Flowers Gila Hair Clip, alexandalexa 6. Louise Misha Dress £75, Smallable
BUY HERE >> ‘Sarah’ Dress, €125, The New Society
Bright blocks of colour are a great look for anyone who likes clean lines and delicious colour combos for a simple, easy to wear look that doesn’t compromise on style. Sticky Lemon’s Backpacks are always an exercise in colour clash perfection and we can’t get enough of Marni’s stunning contrast hems and cuffs.
- Hat, from £30, Mabli 2.Coat, £165, Stella McCartney 3. Joggers, £49, Bobo Choses 4. Marni Sweater, £90, alexandalexa 5. Socks, £14, Repose Ams 6. Sticky Lemon Backpack, £41, Toastie 7. Sweatshirt, £25, Arket
BUY HERE >> Colour block Dress, £90, The Middle Daughter
We never tire of the classics and cosy plaid and cheering checks are always a welcome winter staple. This season they have been worked into more daring combinations as seen at Christina Rohde, who have created this stunning mohair co-ord set and we love Bobo Choses’ quilted rain hat and matching jacket.
- Finger in the Nose Plaid Shirt, £89, Smallable 2. Christina Rohde Plaid Jacket, £104, Melijoe 3. Quilted Hat Blue, £40, Bobo Choses 4. Il Gufo Plaid Dress, £183, Melijoe 5. Christina Rohde Woollen Trousers, £58, Melijoe 6. A-Line Skirt, from £58, Bellerose 7. Poney Check Overalls, £45, Buho 8. Houndstooth Printed Coat, £340, Chloe
BUY HERE >> Woven Woollen Coat, £273, MSGM
- Ao76 Sweatshirt, £53, Smallable 2. Hightops, £37, Converse 3. Gucci Cardigan, £260, Melijoe 4. Dress, £76, Stella McCartney Kids 5.Hair slides, £8, Mimi & Lula 6. All-in-One, £85, Zadig et Voltaire 7. Soft Blue Space Bull Kids Jumper, £98, The Animals Observatory 8. Socks (from set of two pairs) £13, alexandalexa
BUY HERE >> Tulle Dress, from £37, Mini Boden
We love it when something unusual pops up and this trend for highly reflective statement pieces really took us by surprise. We’re used to seeing jackets and shoes in high-shine finishes but skirts, shorts and dresses with a futuristic vibe are something new. An antidote to the homespun, handmade trend that has dominated, this is a look for those who don’t like to walk the beaten path…
Parachute Skirt, £133, Finger in the Nose 2. Veja Trainers, £64, alexandalexa 3. Pink Metallic Faux Fur Lined Coat, £87, Billieblush 4. Pleated Dress, £80, Carrément Beau 5. 6. Silver coloured Metallic Branded Bag, £119, MSGM
BUY HERE >> Jacket, £133, Parachute Skirt Blue, £71, Finger in the Nose
Knitwear takes centre stage this season with chunky textures, traditional patterns and beautiful natural hues that look as though they might have been coloured with natural dyes and in many cases they have been. These are the kind of jumpers and cardigans that will be passed down through several children and will keep them warm even when their coat has long been left on the football pitch or hanging on the playground railings…
- Jacquard Cardigan, £74, Bonton 2. Fairislse Jumper, 550 dkk, FUB 3. Aztec cardigan, £73, Wander & Wonder 4. Striped Wool-blend Cardigan Lilac, €92, Bobo Choses 5.Multicolour Aswy Cardigan, from £65, Bellerose 6. Jumper, £76 The New Society 7. Jumper, £70, FUB
BUY HERE >> Matona Recycled Kit Cardigan, £66, Smallable