Wet weather kids essentials for April Showers
You may sigh when storm clouds gather, but for your toddler it's the perfect excuse for making a big splash! We have rounded-up our favourite fashion pieces for April showers and beyond...
The Joys of Jumping in Puddles...
THERE ARE SOME things in life that just go together. Like fish and chips. Laurel and Hardy. Toddlers and puddles. And the moment, your toddler spies that tantalizing pool of water, there’s something in his psyche that urges him to make a splash.
And guess what? It’s really good for him/her (even if it may mean soggy clothes for you). Lively outdoor play activities are important for your child’s development of independence and autonomy. According to the Children and Nature Network Research Studies, when children play in natural environments, their play is more diverse, imaginative and creative – all very positive skills. So the message is, let them jump – just make sure they are dressed for the occasion.
And what better way to start than with a little shopping? Here's our pick of the best wet weather essentials for April showers and beyond...
- Cloud Umbrella, £8.95, Rex London
- Rain Hat, £14, JoJo Maman Bébé
- Robot Umbrella, £8.26, Djeco
- 3-in-1 Scamp Suit, £63.75, Muddy Puddles
- Rain Poncho, £142, Stella McCartney Kids, Childrens Salon
- Padded Rain Coat, from £64, Petit Bateau, Alex & Alexa
- Dog Print Wellie Boots, £25, Joules
- Green Wellies, £22, Playshoes, Children Salon
- Raindrop Wellies £24, Muddy Puddles
- Lolly Pop Wellies, £40, Aigle