As the Head Model Booker at the children’s model agency Bruce and Brown, Camilla Daniell gives us her expert advice on how for your aspiring young model can make a good impression and tips to make it to the top. Child modelling isn’t for everyone so these tips are to be used as guidance and for information on what can be a very fulfilling and rewarded career start children.
Camilla’s Top Tips: For aspiring child models
- Do your research. Make sure you are signing up to a reputable child model agency.
- Be prepared to be flexible. Castings and shoots can often come up with only 24 hours notice.
- Live in London, or be prepared to travel! Harsh, but true.
- Do not sign up if you work full time. Shoots usually take place Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- You do not need to pay for professional photos to join a reputable agency. Clear head and shoulder snaps are fine.
Camilla’s Top Tips: How to take a good application photograph
- Include the whole face
- No hats, dummies – or food on the face!
- Use an actual camera. They may look good to you, but iPhone and iPad photos are not good enough quality for us to make a decision.
Camilla’s Top Tips: What we look for in babies
- Clear skin.
- Even hair growth.
- Good head shape.
Camilla Daniell, Head Model Booker at child model agency Bruce and Brown
Bruce and Brown is the UK’s leading kids agency, established in 1988 by former model Kipsey Owen and based in West London. They work with UK & International clients booking kids for photographic, commercial, film & TV work.