Suitable from 6 months to 3 years, the Hipseat is a back supporting belt designed to reduce the strain on an adult’s back when carrying babies and young children. Endorsed by osteopaths, chiropractors and health centres, the Hipseat redistributes the weight of the child away from the upper back, shoulders and arms, spreading it evenly around the waist.
Special features include a non-slip padded seat, a wide padded belt, adjustable Velcro and a secure buckle for extra safety. There is a Hipseat Extension which increases the standard width for larger sizes, and an optional attachable Hipseat Pouch in matching colours.
• While many traditional carriers are only suitable for a very limited timeframe – typically up to the age of nine months - the Hipseat can be used from the point at which a baby can sit unaided right up until they are around three years old, giving about 22 months of carrying time, for under £40!
• A truly ingenious and unique design, the Hipseat offers the most discreet and compact carrying solution available on the market today. Ultra simple to use, it has no fiddly straps or catches to master (or break). It is just a wide back supporting belt that velcros in place and incorporates a padded ‘seat’ for little one to sit on.
• The wide belt provides generous, strong support for parents’ backs whilst the seat gives instant relief by propping up baby’s increasingly heavy weight from underneath, making them instantly lighter and easier to carry.
• The Hipseat is endorsed by scores of chiropractors, physiotherapists and health visitors as it provides long term protection against the type of back injuries that afflict up to 60% of adults who regularly carry children.
• Design conscious parents will be pleased to see the wide array of contemporary colour ways the Hipseat is available in – everything from neutral black and grey through to gorgeous and stylish Liberty Art fabric.
"A solution well designed to take the weight off the inevitable task of carrying your baby on your hip. Quite large in scale, but with attractive covers."
Where to Buy: