Read our advice for a stress-free approach to hiring a car on holiday
Often, you’re at your weakest when you hire a car on holiday, tired and stressed after a flight. Here are some dos and don’ts to help make the process a little easier:
- Don’t book the smallest car available just because it’s cheap – remember you have luggage, too, and possibly a pushchair to fit in.
- Pre-book baby or child seats.
- Pack both parts of your driving licence and confirmation of your booking.
- If you have a baby or toddler and are going somewhere hot, consider air conditioning.
- Check the car for bumps and scratches to avoid paying for someone else’s damage.
- Visit www.excess4carhire.com before you sign up for the extra insurances offered. Policies cost from £3.99 per day.
Posted: 04/05/2012 at 06:50
Posted: 21/04/2013 at 15:14
Posted: 24/02/2018 at 11:48
Posted: 06/07/2018 at 15:39
© Immediate Media Company Ltd. 2019 This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediate.co.uk