Renting a family car on holiday
Read our advice for a stress-free approach to hiring a car on holiday
Posted: 30 August 2011
Often, you’re at your weakest when you hire a car on holiday, tired and stressed after a flight. Here are some dos and don’ts to help make the process a little easier:
- Don’t book the smallest car available just because it’s cheap – remember you have luggage, too, and possibly a pushchair to fit in.
- Pre-book baby or child seats.
- Pack both parts of your driving licence and confirmation of your booking.
- If you have a baby or toddler and are going somewhere hot, consider air conditioning.
- Check the car for bumps and scratches to avoid paying for someone else’s damage.
- Visit www.excess4carhire.com before you sign up for the extra insurances offered. Policies cost from £3.99 per day.
Discuss this story
Yes very true,
When family is going for a trip there is always a good amount of weight with them and i am sure it always require a big car for safe and comfortable trip.
Posted: 04/05/2012 at 06:50