Maison Blanc Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
165g (53/4oz) plain flour
6g (1/8oz) baking powder
3 large eggs
85g (3oz) golden syrup
75g (23/4oz) caster sugar
150g (51/2oz) vegetable oil
4g (1/8oz) vanilla essence
FOR THE ICING
215g (71/2oz) unsalted butter
285g (10oz) icing sugar
10ml (1/2fl oz) vanilla essence (or fresh vanilla)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Sift the flour with the baking powder.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs, golden syrup and sugar until fluffy. For best results, it’s best to use a handheld electric mixer.
4. Gently mix in the flour and baking powder and then the oil and vanilla essence and mix into a smooth paste
5. Spoon the mix into cupcake cases. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and firm. Leave to cool.
6. To make the icing, beat butter and icing sugar together until creamy, then add the vanilla essence.
7. Use a piping bag with star nozzle to pipe icing on the top of the cupcake. Decorate the cupcakes using edible sugar decorations, jelly sweets, Smarties, chocolate buttons or whatever your child wishes.
TIP: You can also add different food colouring to your icing and create lots of flavours. For example, replace 40g of flour with cocoa powder for a more decadent chocolate cupcake; add grated lemon zest for lemon cupcakes (or orange zest for orange cupcakes); add coffee for a morning cupcake; or amarena cherries or even pistachio paste for something more indulgent.
Read more food....