Orange, Raspberry And Yoghurt Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
225g (8oz) plain flour, plus 1 tbsp for dusting
1/2 tbsp baking powder
55g (2oz) ground almonds
2 large eggs
90ml (3fl oz) sunflower oil
250ml (9 fl oz) low-fat Greek yoghurt
250g (9oz) sugar
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
FOR THE ICING
700g (1lb 9oz) icing sugar
75ml (21/2fl oz) Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together and add the ground almonds.
4. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, oil, yoghurt and sugar together. Add the dry ingredients, followed by the orange juice and rind, and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases so they are half-full.
6. Dust the raspberries with the tablespoon of flour to prevent them sinking and add two to each cake case then add the rest of the cake batter.
7. Bake for 25 minutes until the cakes are springy to the touch.
8. Remove and place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
9. To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and stir in the yoghurt. The consistency should be thick but easy to spread. If it isn’t, add a drop or two of water. When the thickness seems right, coat the top of each cake with about half a tablespoon of icing, spreading it to reach the edges.
10. Decorate with rice paper flowers or extra raspberries, if you wish.
From Eat Me! by Xanthe Milton (Ebury, £15).
Read more food....