Fish, chips and spicy ketchup... Another in our series of our Marley Spoon featured recipes.
350g salmon fillet
3 sweet potatoes
1/2tsp Mexican chilli seasoning
40 desiccated coconut
15g corn flour
300g green beans
5g harissa paste
1. Prepare fries: Preheat oven to 220°C (fan). Line a baking tray with parchment and drizzle with 1tsp of oil. Wash, cut the ends off the sweet potato, and slice into 1.5cm thick fries. Toss in the corn flour; lay out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Fill a kettle with water, boil.
2. Cook fries: Mix the Mexican seasoning with 1tbsp of oil, drizzle over the fries and place in the oven. Cook for 15mins before flipping and cooking for a further 7-12mins or until crispy.
3. Prepare quinoa: Meanwhile, place the quinoa in twice as much hot water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 7-12mins. Drain the quinoa, and mix with the desiccated coconut. Wash, then zest the lime, add 1-2tsp zest to the quinoa as well as salt and pepper.
4. Coat fish fingers: Rinse, dry and cut the salmon into 8 long strips, press the salmon into the quinoa mixture and coat all sides. Heat a tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the salmon fingers until golden and crispy on all sides, about 6mins.
5. Cook beans: Meanwhile, wash, trim and halve the beans. Add to a small saucepan, cover with the just boiled water and, cook for 3-5mins. Drain the beans and return to the pan. Add the remaining lime zest, 1tsp of oil, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and keep warm.
6. Mix ketchup and serve: Mix the harissa paste with the ketchup, cut the lime into wedges. Divide the fish fingers and sweet potato fries between the plates with the beans. Serve with the spicy ketchup and a wedge of lime to squeeze over the beans and salmon.
Recipe: Marley Spoon – www.marleyspoon.co.uk
Photography: Alex Freundorfer – www.alexfreundorfer.com
Don't miss trialling all the other fantastic Marley Spoon recipes, which can be found via our Marley Spoon recipe hub - find a new one uploaded every Thursday until mid-November, on Juniormagazine.co.uk