Cashew Butter and Honey Breakfast Muffins
275g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
100g runny honey
2 bananas, mashed
100g Meridian Cashew Butter (Smooth or Crunchy)
50g butter, melted
Makes 12 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5 and line a muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cases.
2. Mix the flour, oats, baking powder and sultanas in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, and then gently beat in the honey, mashed bananas, peanut butter, melted butter and milk. You’ll end up with a gloopy liquid.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, tip in the wet ingredients and quickly combine. Don’t over mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack.
Cook’s tip – these muffins are perfect for breakfast in a hurry or as an addition to a sandwich box.