Cookie Girl presents delicious Hallowe'en treats
Cookie Girl, aka Xanthe Milton, gives a fairy-tale twist to Hallowe'en with Chocolate Brownie Cemetery and Bonfire Cupcakes
2 large eggs
170 g/6 oz dark muscovado sugar
160 ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 g/3½ oz self-raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
55 g/2 oz pecans, roughly chopped
55 g/2 oz sultanas
100 g/3½ oz pumpkin or butternut squash, grated
For the icing
450 g/1 lb icing sugar
110 g/4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
110 g/4 oz cream cheese
1 orange, juice and grated rind orange food colouring paste
48 black ‘bat’ sprinkles (see Suppliers page XX)
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Line a 12-hole nonstick muffin tray with paper muffincases.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the sugar for a couple of minutes, then add the oil and vanilla extract. Fold
in the flour and cinnamon, followed by the nuts, sultanas and pumpkin.
3. Divide the mixture between the paper cases. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes. Remove and turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Mix in the soft butter, cream cheese and orange juice and rind. Add a couple of drops of orange colouring so as to give a bright pumpkin colour.
5. When the cakes are cool, put some icing into a piping bag and pipe onto each cake. Pipe from top to bottom on either side of the cake, using a star nozzle. Then pipe from top to bottom two or three times again to fill in the middle, I used bat sprinkles to create the eyes and mouth.
Discuss this story
We Build High Quality Backlinks Through Blog Commenting For Helping to Improve Domain Authority , Page Authority and Trust Flow of your website/Blogs. High DA Backlinks Service
Posted: 12/03/2017 at 18:48