Immediate Media Co is committed to respecting the privacy of its users. However, we do collect and use various bits of information about you through your use of this Website, and this policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be collected, stored and processed. The Data Collector for this Website is Immediate Media Co, with its registered office at 90 Long Acre, London WC2E 9TT ("Magicalia"). Please note that this policy only addresses our activities, and other sites to which this Website links may have their own privacy policies and practices, which we do not control.
|We collect certain personal information about you, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Information that you provided by filling in forms on the Website. This includes but is not limited to the information provided at the time of registration or of posting material or of participating in surveys, or of entering competitions, or of requesting further services.This includes but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone code, telephone number and other information about your interests that enable us to provide you with a more tailored Website experience, by personalising the Website to match your interests.
- Information about your internet usage, and your usage of this Website, that may be obtained using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You are able to disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may slow down or prohibit access to certain parts of the Website.
- Information about your computer including where available your browser type, your operating system and your IP address.
|Uses made of Information collected
|We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with a personalised service to enhance your enjoyment of the Website
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you have chosen to do so
- To send you newsletters via e-mail, from which you can unsubscribe by changing the settings on your personal profile page
- To contact you in relation to prize draws and competitions
- To provide you with information and services that you have requested from us
- To update you about changes to the service of the Website
- To contact you with information about this Website or any other website operated by Immediate Media Co that we think may be of interest to you.
If you are a member of this website, we may also permit third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. You have the right to request us not to pass such information on to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise that right by changing the settings on your personal profile pages.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to access and disclose individually identifiable information concerning your activities whilst using our web site, we shall do so. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of our web site, and that use is deemed by us inconsistent with these conditions.