How to enjoy winter in the Caribbean
Here's how you can have a fun time in the Caribbean during the winter season
Posted: 31 August 2011
Over Christmas and throughout January, many of the more chi-chi hotels in the Caribbean close their doors to families, but there are still ways to enjoy festive sunshine:
- Go all-inclusive – Beaches Resorts offer packages that will help you save money.
- Fly direct – choose an island with direct flights to minimise travel hassle; Virgin flies to Antigua, Barbados, Cuba, Grenada, Jamaica, St Lucia and Tobago.
- Book a family-friendly venue – Almond Beach Village in Barbados has an excellent Kids’ Club with beach and pool activities.
- Take a cruise out of Barbados – this tends to packs in more islands than sailing from Florida. P&O Cruises runs a great excursion, and also has quite a few children’s clubs.
- Splash out on a crewed yacht – that way you can island-hop and let someone else do all the hard work
of hauling the sails and cooking the meals. Visit www.moorings.co.uk
Caribbean, all-inclusive, Antigua, Barbados, Cuba, Grenada, Jamaica, St Lucia, Tobago, yacht, cruise
Discuss this story