Five Reasons why stamp collecting is super!
Don’t let the dreary reputation fool you – this vintage pastime is crying out for a comeback
1. Stamp collecting is one of the most popular hobbies in the world, with an estimated 20 million collectors in the United States alone, so your child will be in good company with plenty of other philatelists to enjoy her new hobby with. The Association of British Philatelic Societies even offer a children’s club, Kidstamp, with free stamps and activities for young collectors.
2. Stamps represent our past and can be a gateway into discussions about historic people, politics, places and events. Every stamp has a story and with a little bit of research you can introduce your child to a wealth of amazing adventures.
3. As a hobby that was particularly popular in generations past, stamp collecting could be a great bonding exercise for all of the generations of your family. Perhaps an older relative has an old collection hidden away and would love to show it to your child and begin collecting together.
4. The process of collecting, organising and sticking down stamps in their correct place can not only be a very therapeutic and relaxing hobby, but can teach your child vital organisational, numeric and research skills for the future.
5. Both John Lennon and Freddie Mercury were avid stamp collectors in their youth and now have their collections proudly displayed in national museums. Incidentally, both men also grew up to become creative geniuses and the icons of their generation... surely not a total coincidence?
Discuss this story
Yes, this is really sounds like the interesting hobby. I have to try it. And I also read from
Yes, this is really sounds like the interesting hobby. I have to try it. And I also read from aussieessayreviews.com/review-of-papersowl-com-services/
about such unusual and interesting activity. So thank you for providing such great ideas!
Posted: 28/05/2018 at 13:07