Jude’s Ice Cream, a family business based in Twford, Hampshire, is passionate about making the best quality ice cream using the finest local ingredients. Jude’s Ice Cream was founded in 2002 by Jude’s husband, Theo Mezger, who sat in his barn and dreamt of making the world’s tastiest ice cream. What started out as a hobby became a business, and it wasn’t long before the whole family joined in. Jude’s is now run by Theo’s sons, Alex and Chow. Over the past 12 years, Jude’s has supplied nearly all of Britain’s top chefs and is available in Waitrose, Wholefoods, Ocado.
- Quality: Jude’s aims to make the best quality ice cream in Britain. We have won 25 Great Taste Awards. Our Salted Caramel is made with Maldon Sea Salt; we were at the forefront of the salted caramel trend as the first ice cream company to supply the flavour in the UK. We supply nearly all Britain’s top chefs.
- Provenance: We make our flavours in the village of Twyford. We find the best ingredients, as close to home as possible. Our milk comes from a friend’s farm down the road. We use local Hampshire apples and mint.
- Design: Our eye-catching striped tubs take inspiration from the classic British milk jug and come in 500ml tubs or a treat-sized 120ml. Jude’s mini tubs can be found at many British institutions including the National Theatre and the Houses of Parliament.
- Charity and Education: We are committed to giving back to the community and wider world. We give 10% of our profit to charities in the local community (including the Winchester Homeless Shelter) and international causes (this year we are supporting a project for girls rescued from slavery in the slums of Cebu.) We also open our dairy to local schools for class visits; the children learn about making ice cream and gain an insight into the world of business.
- Fun: From ‘Design A Tub’ competitions at the local primary school to our dynamic social media presence, Jude’s love having fun. Because, after all, everybody loves ice cream.
"Wow! This really could be the 'best ice cream in the world'. Creamy goodness, the mini tubs are a perfect portion to ensure you can give a treat without overindulging. We all thought the Salted Caramel was delicious, but our overall favourite was the ginger. There are also tasty dairy-free options. Jude's has some excellent community and fan-based children's activities going on - visit their website to get involved."
Where to Buy: