Our monthly fashion columnist, designer Olivia Rubin, rounds up the best accounts to follow for fashion inspiration
"In a world where we are fast relying on social media for fashion inspiration, Instagram is the best way to find some truly exciting mums and kids with a unique sense of style. I’ve trawled through my Instagram feed and found a group of UK based mums who are forging a strong following based on their #ootds, their kids style and all the #momboss projects they are working on. Not to mention they are all some of the loveliest ladies I have met! Get following and liking!"
Follow Olivia on Instagram: @OliviaRubin
Eimear Varian Barry
Name: Eimear Varian Barry
Lives: In Surrey/London/Irish
About: Mama to Satires, part fairy, ex NYC.
Insta-style: Laid back cool with an 80s/early 90s edge.
Website: The EVB Edit
Name: Sofia Gouveia
Lives: In London
About: Wife of a brilliant architect and mummy to little Suri. Digital marketing director at Annabel Karmel. Instagram is my life in squares.
Insta-style: Classically chic with a hint of girly glamour
YouTube channel: The Gouveias
Name: Frances Bacon
About: Fashion writer, blogger and mummy of 2.
Insta-style: My style is driven by comfort and practicality with a trend twist. I live in trainers, they are essential when chasing after the kids, this season I am keen to add a few blouses to my wardrobe to add a much needed ladylike touch. My children love sport so my daughter spends the weekends in leggings, tops and trainers (Adidas or Pineapple!), my son in his football or rugby kit and even when dressed up they still insist on wearing their Converse..I guess that get that from their Mama?!
Blog: School run style
Anne Marie Gee
Name: Anne Marie Gee
About: A 40+ blogger sharing my evolving style, a mix of designer, prelude, emerging brands and high street.
Insta-style: Casual, comfortable and a little bit unique. The kids wear a combination of Zara, Vestaire Collective ( the best preloved pieces) and I Love Gorgeous.
Website: Catwalk school gates
Name: Erica Davies
Lives: In London
About: Mother. Fashion Editor, Stylist. Blogger. Creative consultant.
Insta-style: "My style has two definite seasons - so in the summer I favour more of a bohemian, embroidered, dress wardrobe, while in the autumn, my style becomes much more 'uniform.' I love wide leg slouchy trousers, cashmere crew necks, simple trainers such as Adidas Stan Smiths and I love coats - they can really pull a whole look together."
The kids: "As with my own wardrobe, I am obsessed with Bretons for both my children. For my daughter I mix them in with lots of other prints, such as florals or spots and with my son I love bright sweatshirts and great jeans. I tend to buy a lot of navy for both of them and definitely try to avoid all the pink glittery things my daughter is drawn to!"
Website: The Edited
Follow @juniormagazineonline and @oliviarubin on Instagram,and look out for Olivia's next column, coming to Junior next month...
- Olivia Rubin: "Selfridges is my one-stop, family-friendly department store"
- Are you ready for the nursery-run? Designer Olivia Rubin shares her top 5 fashion picks Our monthly fashion columnist rounds up her favourite pieces to make the journey to starting nursery school a stylish one, for mum and child
- The best celebrity kids' fashion and where to steal their style, by Olivia Rubin From Harper Beckham to Gwen Stefani's boys, our monthly fashion columnist, Olivia, rounds up the best pint-sized celebrity style
- Five of the best kids' fashion shops, by Olivia Rubin Our monthly columnist, fashion designer Olivia, rounds up her favourite places to shop on the high street for boys and girls
- A day in the life of Olivia Rubin [Junior's monthly kids fashion columnist] We spend a day with fashion designer Olivia from rise and shine, through office hours to storytime