"I’m a California-born and New-York-educated designer making a home in Hong Kong by way of London with my Swiss husband and our two children. As their childhood unfolds, they embrace life with irrational exuberance and a sense of wonder, the world offering opportunities for exploration and wonder at every turn. This is Velveteen. We want to give all children the opportunity to embrace the magical marvel of childhood."
- With every collection, Velveteen strives to bring to life our vision of a timeless childhood filled with days spent exploring hidden pathways, sharing secrets with friends, and building fond memories. We design for girls and boys aged 6 months to 12 years.
- Our clothes are finely crafted with every detail given close attention and we are steadfast in our dedication to design, style and craftsmanship through every stage of design and production.
- Our key focus is on the magical balance between fabric quality, sophisticated colour palettes and carefully chosen gold accents and details.
- We design and produce our own fabric, ensuring a beautiful hand feel that makes a child feel free and comfortable yet has characteristics that support our classic silhouettes.
- We use a combination of beautiful Indian artisan techniques, including block printing and hand embroidery coupled with the softest cashmere/wool blend knits
- We are as dedicated to “doing well by doing good” as we are to design and fine craftsmanship. We work only with suppliers whose values align with our own and we continue to grow and deepen our partnership with the women who produce Velveteen in ways that will have real, positive impact on their lives and the lives of their children.
"Fresh, comfortable and classic clothing for girls. Beautifully designed, with strong silhouettes. Definitely a brand to watch."
Where to Buy: