A few of my favourite things
Nicole Robinson, co-founder of Papillon, on what inspires her
There are so many different things that inspire me and here are just a few of them:
• Clothes and shoes have always been a great passion. I particularly love Marni and Bottega as the shapes and fabrics are so interesting.
• For colours, I love nothing more than a trip around Covent Garden Flower Market. You see so many shades. I have spent many a happy morning there, just drinking in all the different hues.
• In fact, I love markets in general, whether it's for food, clothes or antiques. Whenever I visit one I always come away with some thoughts and an inkling of an idea.
• Children are a tremendous source of inspiration to me. I love watching them and thinking about the function of their shoes – different ages need slightly different things. Balancing what a child wants to wear with what is correct for their growing feet is a challenge and one that I take very seriously and work very hard on.
• Finally, I really enjoy good architecture. Simple and structured , mixing the classic with the modern, always works for me. In fact, I think that sums up the Papillon shoe.
Papillon won Best Footwear in the Junior Design Awards 2011
Don't miss our Papillon feature, now online
Discuss this story