The first Miffy book was written and illustrated by Dutch graphic artist Dick Bruna in 1955. Since then more than 30 books have been released in more than 50 languages. Miffy is the star of her own TV series, film, and merchandise is sold across five continents. In 2014 a selection of texts were modernised by poet Tony Mitton, and republished by Simon and Schuster. These iconic books have now been adapted for the digital age by Sanoma Media bv in conjunction with Dick Bruna’s publishers Mercis bv in the form of several apps including interactive storybook ‘Miffy at School’.
• The ‘Miffy at School’ app includes an interactive storybook of Dick Bruna’s ‘Miffy at School’, with a ‘read out and record your voice’ option, and three additional games, all for £2.49.
• In the ‘Miffy at School’ interactive story, children can do sums, trace lines, count beads and draw pictures, all helping them build their reading skills through play. Specifically aimed at toddlers and young pre-schoolers, there are clear instructions, and young children will enjoy listening to the story and looking at the pictures, while older children can actively participate in the games.
• There is a special feature to record your own voice reading the story aloud; meaning it can be recorded by three different people, so mums, dads and grandparents can all read the story to be enjoyed later.
• The emphasis is on simplicity, fun, and learning through play, with the three additional games helping children engage with the main story. Build the highest tower in the ‘Building with Blocks’ game, find the matching pairs of pictures in the ‘Memory’ game, and colour in your own drawing and then send in ‘Create Your Own e-Card’! Easy to use and packed with beautiful illustrations, the app nurtures key skills in toddlers that will help prepare them for school.
• After nearly 60 years, Miffy still appeals to children and adults around the world – with the modernised rerelease of various Miffy titles as well as the launch of the apps, Miffy has managed to stay relevant.
"We all love Miffy, so we are excited to see her go digital! This app is fully functional yet retains the charm of the book by keeping the illustration and design very simple, in the layout and the colour palette. Fun and educational, and it looks great."
How to Buy: