Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

The best picturebooks of 2013

Our month by month round-up of the best new books this year

Posted: 7 March 2013
by Alex Lloyd

Jo-Jo The Melon Donkey by Michael Morpungo Donkey Jo-Jo is an unlikely hero in this Venice-set tale.
 8 of 12 

August

The romantic streets of Venice are the setting for Michael Morpurgo’s delightful Jo-Jo The Melon Donkey (Egmont, £10.99). Forced to carry heavy melons all day, plagued by flies and bullied by his master, Jo-Jo is loved by nobody until he wins the heart of the Doge’s daughter – and saves his favourite city. The vibrant works of Vincent Van Gogh are brought to life in the return of James Mayhew’s Katie. The artist’s stars are so beautiful that Katie can’t resist reaching in and taking one in Katie And The Starry Night (Orchard, £6.99). What will she do when all the others come tumbling down too? All sorts of terrible scenarios plague Ruby when her parents bring home baby Leon from hospital. Will he take her toys and turn her into a tiny mouse? But when Leon reaches out for her hand in Ruby’s Baby Brother by Kathryn White (Barefoot, £10.99), she turns her thoughts to all the adventures they can have together.

Michael Morpurgo shares his favourite children's books

Next page

Previous Article
World Book Day author Tony Robinson talks children’s books
Next Article
World Book Day author Francesca Simon talks children's books

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

Picturebooks are quite my favourite to read to my niece, I have to get to how to a hire freelance worker so that I might get a chance to read more books to my niece, Laika The Astronaut is indeed an amazing book to read. Thanks for the share.

Posted: 26/03/2017 at 13:38

The internet is bogged down with bogus blogs with no real message but the post was fantastic and well worth the read.Thank you for sharing this with me. help with accounting

Posted: 02/04/2017 at 12:56

This phenomenal hearings thoroughly correct. Most of low statistics are prepared by making usage of large number about feel effective skills. We're anxious the software once a whole lot. 123 movies

Posted: 02/04/2017 at 14:49

The accumulated onto your blog site despite the fact paying off acceptance just many tid little submits. Gratifying strategy for honest, I will be bookmarking before you start acquire merchandise realization spgs right in place. immune system

Posted: 02/04/2017 at 15:58

And 2016 version of the replica watches large pilots replica watches, the nations for the introduction of uk replica watches a new design elements, the small prince limited concept (in fact, not new, 2015 has been too big to fly the little prince watch, but the material is gold)

Posted: 05/04/2017 at 06:54

See more comments...
Talkback: The best picturebooks of 2013

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct: