Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

Junior Children's Book Club: May 2014

Junior rounds up the best new children's books for May

Posted: 1 May 2014
by Alison Potter

5 of 5 

Two Giants by Michael Foreman (Walker, £11.99)

Two Giants is a brilliant picture book for teaching children about the importance of sharing. Visually striking, due to the unique combination of collage and paint, it tells the tale of a pair of giants who live in paradise, that is until they find a beautiful shell that they both want to have, which causes them to have a great big fight. Soon their anger seeps into their idyllic surroundings and turns everything dark and miserable, just like them – will they never be friends again or will they finally learn the value of sharing?

Award-winning author and illustrator Michael Foreman first published this unique and outstanding picture book in 1967. Full of warmth and humour, Two Giants is a timeless story which is the perfect book to read to arguing siblings at bedtime.

Read more Junior Book club roundups...

Previous Article
Junior Children's Book Club: Father's Day 2014
Next Article
6 of the best Easter reads

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

I want to know something benefits of education that How I can get educational benefits with a Christmas and Halloween books of coloring? Now my friend Write My coursework For Me because he knows I am busy to find out about educational benefits.

Posted: 26/12/2016 at 15:04

Dallas Clayton, i like your sharing bro. Your blog contains such a useful and informative data for children, i am going to bookmark you blog and will take help in future,when i will be writing an dissertation for the online website.

http://www.realdissertationhelp.co.uk/buy/

Posted: 09/01/2017 at 13:12

Interesting article! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone! cool math games

Posted: 08/08/2017 at 09:53

some kids are really have to visit this site and i also recommend this web site to kids for new generation advance technology Dissertation Help

Posted: 28/08/2017 at 07:29

It is my first time I visit here. The way you create a website very thorough and good. This is very very impressive. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. I will continually be coming on a regular basis you just read your posts.
animal jam, a10, color switch

Posted: 19/09/2017 at 08:22

See more comments...
Talkback: Junior Children's Book Club: May 2014

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct: