Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

Junior Children's Book Club: March 2014

Junior rounds up the best new children's books for March

Posted: 5 March 2014
by Alison Potter

3 of 5 

Princesses Are Not Just Pretty by Kate Lum (Bloomsbury, £6.99)

Princess Allie, Princess Libby and Princess Mellie all get into an argument over which of them is the prettiest princess as they enjoy afternoon tea. In order to solve the dispute they decide to have a beauty contest, but they all soon learn that beauty isn’t just skin deep.

Princesses Are Not Just Pretty is a brilliant story with lively illustrations courtesy of Sue Hellard. It’s a fresh take on the archetypal princess story and it teaches a valuable lesson about the dangers of narcissism and vanity.

From a young age children – especially little girls – are bombarded with ideas about image and what physical attributes are highly prized in society. Princesses Are Not Just Pretty is a brilliant and engaging way to teach children about the importance of how you act and behave as opposed to just how you look.

Next page

Previous Article
Junior Children's Book Club: Mother's Day 2014
Next Article
Junior Loves: Children's Books

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

Johnson/Evinrude & Mercury outboard lower units Mercruiser/Alpha 1/Generation 2 outdrive drawings OMC Cobra sterndrive/Electric/400/800 OMC parts alpha one lower unit

Posted: 16/08/2017 at 11:41

Really decent post. I just unearthed your weblog and needed to say that I have truly delighted in searching your blog entries. After all I'll be subscribing to your food and I trust you compose again soon! cheap travel deals

Posted: 19/08/2017 at 12:04

Much obliged to you for another extraordinary article. Where else would anyone be able to get that sort of data in such an impeccable method for composing? I have a presentation one week from now, and I am on the search for such data. bupa health insurance thailand

Posted: 20/08/2017 at 15:51

Talkback: Junior Children's Book Club: March 2014

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct: