Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

Junior Children's Book Club: February 2014

Junior rounds up the best new children's books for February

Posted: 4 February 2014
by Alison Potter

2 of 5 

Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett (Walker Books, £6.99)

It’s no fun living in a cold black and white world devoid of any personality. But luckily, knitting enthusiast Annabelle stumbles across some brilliantly multicoloured yarn in a mysterious box, which brings a much-needed injection of colour and excitement into everyone’s lives.

Extra Yarn is a wonderfully modern fable, beautifully illustrated by Jon Klassen. Author Mac Barnett effortlessly interweaves humour and drama into this beguiling little book about the rewarding nature of giving.

The charming depiction of Annabelle’s world will enchant both pre-schoolers and slightly older readers, whilst also teaching them about the importance of sharing and the consequences of selfishness. Hopefully it will also inspire a new generation of knitters to pick up a pair of needles and make the world a brighter place with wool.

Next page

Previous Article
Junior Loves: Children's Books
Next Article
FILM: Actor Rupert Everett reads from his favourite children's book

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

Charming and beautifully written book,It can be used for the child who are just about to start reading and writing in the class,I do my statistics assignment for me with the help of one of the best assignment help online,Thank you for sharing i will definitely like to read it once again.

Posted: 07/11/2016 at 16:03

Nicely, this particular obtained me personally considering the other routines tend to be great for individuals people that discover ourself on the highway or even possess restricted gear choices. Google Sniper

Posted: 12/11/2016 at 14:10

My spouse and i want to show you i only look at your blog along with My spouse and i still find it quite exciting along with helpful.. vert shock program

Posted: 13/11/2016 at 16:00

I just prefer to explain to you that we solely investigate your web sites not to mention I just think it's especially significant not to mention instructive.. diabetes destroyer

Posted: 14/11/2016 at 10:28

I visited the weekly offer the www.Hotprintsusa.com company had. The offer was so good, it was 40% off on all the work I needed done, Thank you now I feel like I got excellent results for free, they were so cheap after the discount.

Posted: 17/11/2016 at 14:03

See more comments...
Talkback: Junior Children's Book Club: February 2014

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct: