Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

Children's Book Club September 2015

Junior rounds up the best new children's books for the month

Posted: 1 September 2015
by Alison Potter

4 of 5 

The Green Fingers Of Monsieur Monet by Giancarlo Ascari and Pia Valentinis (£10.95, Royal Academy)

It’s no surprise that the first children’s book published by the Royal Academy of Arts is a feast for the eyes. Beautifully illustrated by Pia Valentinis, The Green Fingers Of Monsieur Monet is an enchanting introduction to one of the world’s most famous artists, the life and work of French Impressionist painter Claude Monet (1840-1926). Author Giancarlo Ascari has penned a book that is both entertaining and engaging, focusing on the story behind the creation of Monet’s garden pond – the inspiration for his famous Water Lilly series of paintings – with additional factually informative pages that break down the key concepts of Impressionism, the Belle Epoque and the First World War, so the reader can understand how they all impacted on Monet and his work. It’s a wonderful celebration of the artist and his work, which primary school-age children will enjoy reading and which young aspiring artists will treasure.

Next page

Previous Article
Children's Book Club: October 2015
Next Article
Children's Book Club August 2015

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

We were surprised when we came to know about the psn code generator online and this was all what we want to get the free psn games.

Posted: 01/04/2017 at 20:05

Very nice post, had a great time. Thanks for sharing - deadmen

Posted: 17/05/2017 at 08:50

A wonderful story, very touching and very naive in terms of childishness
restaurants near me

Posted: 17/06/2017 at 11:37

You are doing great work by acknowledging parents to choose the books for their children’s for the enhancement of their knowledge and learning skills. I just found ninjaessays.com review website with impressive look you must continue to share such useful content on your website.

Posted: 25/08/2017 at 08:25

Talkback: Children's Book Club September 2015

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct: