Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

Children's Book Club: September 2014

Junior rounds up the best new children's books for September

Posted: 29 August 2014
by Alison Potter

3 of 5 

The Five Of Us by Quentin Blake (Tate Publishing, £11.99)

Quentin Blake’s new children’s book, The Five of Us features his trademark drawings which over the past few decades have established him as one of the world’s leading illustrators. Unsurprisingly, The Five Of Us is a beautifully designed tale about five best friends who take a trip to the countryside. As their bus driver falls suddenly ill, they must band together to get him medical attention and each of them helps in their own individual way.

Focusing on each child’s special and individual talent, rather than their disabilities (one has a stutter, one has impaired eyesight and another is a wheelchair user), this story celebrates teamwork and the power of collaboration. An inspirational book with a lovely message, Quentin has a lovely talent for storytelling and has crafted a tale that is moving, nail-biting and incredibly uplifting.

Junior Meets: Quentin Blake We caught up with the acclaimed illustrator after he illustrated a new cover for one of five special Enid Blyton Famous Five 70th anniversary editions. 

Next page

Previous Article
[INTERVIEW] McFly's Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter: Musicians, authors, dinosaur fans...
Next Article
Children's Book Club: August 2014

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

It is the best way to use the mind and this creativity is mind-blowing. I do not know how to express our feelings to appreciate this invention. You have the ability to create the good structure of the building and this ability will make your future. I am in the habit of getting best essay writing service uk based to easily complete my papers.

Posted: 15/03/2017 at 06:43

The Article is quite impressive and thoughts been put up has clearly got something to state. Nice Post!
Fashion Technology College in Punjab

Posted: 24/05/2017 at 11:04

Apple products are revered for its quality, precision and great design. SRSG started its operations as Apple technology partners in the year 1997.
Apple authorized service center Kolkata
Apple iphone 7 dealers in delhi
Apple ipad air dealers in Kolkata
Apple iphone 6S dealers in delhi

Posted: 07/06/2017 at 11:02

DPS has a very good hostel for the students where they get homely environment.
Boarding School in Rajasthan

Posted: 03/07/2017 at 12:25

Solutions Middle East, works to Envision, Execute and Empower our clients by offerings design, implementation and on-going support services.
Nutanix Premier Partner
Messaging Solutions
Secure Printing software
Citrix Load Balancer
Vmware partners
VDI in a box

Posted: 03/07/2017 at 12:25

See more comments...
Talkback: Children's Book Club: September 2014

First Name:
Last Name:
Email: