Books
You are looking at: Home : Books

Children's Book Club October 2014

Junior rounds up the best new children's books for October 2014

Posted: 30 September 2014
by Alison Potter

5 of 5 

Dirty Bertie Horror! By Alan MacDonald (Stripes, £4.99)

Mischievous troublemaker Dirty Bertie is back for a three-part Halloween horror-themed special. As you would expect there are more hijinks, not particularly sensible ideas and disgusting habits. From sneaking into a scary film without his nan and her horrible date noticing, to accidentally ruining a priceless work of art on a school trip and getting to grips with a evil dog on his paper round route, it’s a collection of hilarious stories that will have young readers on the edge of their seats.

As we’ve come to expect from award-winning illustrator David Roberts and writer Alan MacDonald, each entertaining tale is split into chapters and roughly thirty pages long, so it’s ideal for reluctant readers or those with a short attention span. Boys especially will identify with Bertie and appreciate the gross out humour, especially David’s laugh-out-loud illustrations that bring each story to life. 

Previous Article
Julia Donaldson discusses the importance of libraries [INTERVIEW]
Next Article
Clare Nasir chats about her new children’s book [INTERVIEW]

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this story

That book is available at a reasonable price would like to purchase and hope my kids really enjoy to read this. Such books are quite useful for the development of kids reading skills everyone should give interesting books to read for the kids. I recommend your essay help australia website to my friends as well hope they found it interesting.

Posted: 17/07/2017 at 13:26

The postings on your site are always excellent. Thanks for the great share and keep up this great work! five nights at freddy’s

Posted: 05/08/2017 at 07:37

Students Assignment Help offers the best online assignment help NZ services to all college and university students around the world. Our expert assignment writers will help you in writing assignments at the reasonable price.

Posted: 12/08/2017 at 12:17

Malaysia It is an awesome site.. The Design looks great.. Continue working like that!. medical card insurance malaysia

Posted: 15/08/2017 at 07:16

Really great post, Thank you for sharing this knowledge. Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!..
animal jam, a10, color switch

Posted: 29/08/2017 at 05:01

See more comments...
Talkback: Children's Book Club October 2014

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct: