Toto and basket craft
Recreate the wonder of Oz by following these simple instructions to make your own Toto and darling Dorothy basket duo
You will need:
- A4 sheet of black wool felt
- 12x12cm of 2cm-thick wadding
- Matching sewing thread
- 5cm of thin re dribbon
1. Fold felt in half, with the wadding in between. Pin together.
2. Trace the Toto template onto felt. Download it here.
3. Sew zig zag stitches all round outline. Trim excess felt close to the stitch line.
4. Tie the ribbon around his neck.
You will need:
- Green and red felt to make appliqué apple and leaves
- Matching thread
1. Using the templates, cut two basket sides, plus one 17x1.5cm rectangle for the handle and one 22x5cm rectangle for the base from the brown felt. Download the template here.
2. Join one long side of the base to one basket side, curve round corners. Repeat second side.Turn right sideout.
3. Position the ends of the handle centrally on opposite sides of the basket. Secure with reinforced stitching.
4. Place a rectangle of card in the base of the basket if it needs more structure.
5. Add a simple appliqué felt apple and leaves to one side of the basket.
Designs taken from Everything Oz by Christine Leech & Hannah Read-Baldrey (Quadrille (£14.99). To buy this book at the special price of £9.99, including post and packaging, tel: 01256 302699, and quote reference 8KF
Discuss this story
The Toto and basket craft looks absolutely gorgeous, I have been looking for some family tree paper cut
but this Toto would look great with all the work of mine, Thanks for sharing the instructions.
Posted: 10/05/2017 at 11:49