Step-by-step instructions for making pom-poms
1. Cut two circles from cardboard about the size of the pom poms to be created.
2. Cut a circle out of the middle (fold the card in half to cut out this circle).
3. Place the two cardboard circles together, then wind a ball of wool through the centre hole and around the outside.
4. When you have a thick layer of wool the whole way around the card circles, carefully cut the wool along the outer rim of the two cardboard circles so the wool is cut the entire way around.
5. Slip another piece of wool between the two pieces of cardboard and tie so that it is secure, then remove the card.
6. It’s time to twirl!
Discuss this story