Flying the flag craft
This home-made rainbow bunting will brighten up even the cloudiest day at a festival and add a flourish to your family’s tent!
No festival is complete without a string of bunting gently fluttering in the summer breeze. This delightful home-made pattern in rainbow colours is the perfect craft project for you to make together, and the plain flags give your child a chance to get creative by adding his own designs.
You will need:
- Templates A and B
- Pieces of 34x20cm cotton fabric in red, yellow, orange, green, light blue, indigo and violet
- Plain natural-coloured cotton fabric 1mx20cm
- 2m of 2cm-wide cotton tape
- Ivory topstitching thread (for hand sewing) or polyester multipurpose thread (for machine sewing)
- Fabric pens or crayons n Pencil
Why not try? Using old striped cotton shirts instead, for a more traditional design.
Discuss this story